Hey sex fans, welcome back.
After two weeks visiting with a noted Australian author, Benjamin Law, with his unique perspective on the gay scene in Asia, we circle back home to meet an equally remarkable personality who is making waves with his groundbreaking move, Before You Know It.
This is the SEX WISDOM show and I have the distinct pleasure of welcoming the award winning filmmaker and documentarian, PJ Raval. He is here to discuss his movie, which features three senior and elder gay men. I know, what in the world was he thinking?
PJ goes out of his way to make the invisible visible by shining his spotlight on an often-ignored segment of our youth-oriented culture and the result is nothing short of stunning. Stay tuned as we find out how and why.
PJ and I discuss:
- Kyle Henry who brought us together;
- The role of the editor in creating filmmaking art;
- The documentary and how it is different from fictional story telling;
- How he came to choose the film’s subject matter;
- Storytelling tapping into something more universal;
- The community of independent filmmakers;
- The difference between documentary filmmaking and journalism;
- His editorial style;
- The public viewing experience;
- Before You Know It…a cautionary message;
- Who is PJ Raval;
- How long it took him to create his film;
- Chasing the money.
(Click on the movie poster below to find out more about PJ’s movie.)
BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!
Look for all my podcasts on iTunes. You’ll find me in the podcast section, obviously. Just search for Dr Dick Sex Advice. And don’t forget to subscribe. I wouldn’t want you to miss even one episode.
Today’s Podcast is bought to you by: DR DICK’S — HOW TO VIDEO LIBRARY.