Hey sex fans, welcome back.
Coming up is a brand-spankin’ new edition of the Sex EDGE-U-cation show. By now I’m sure you know that this is the series that takes a look at the world of fetish sex, kink, and alternative lifestyles and we do so with remarkably talented people from all over the freakin’ world, don’t cha know. My guest today is one such person. Author, educator, counselor, nurse and hypnotherapist, the oh so amazing Kathy Labriola is in the house!
Kathy has been writing, and teaching, and presenting on the topic of open relationships for decades. She has a brand new book out that deals with one of the biggest bugaboos for the non-monogamy set, as well as all you monogamous folks out there. And that is — jealousy. You can be sure that we well be talking about that timely topic and so much more. You won’t want to miss this sex fans!
Kathy and I discuss:
- The whole workbook concept;
- Dealing with emotional responses to triggers in our relationships;
- Jealousy and envy;
- Belief in a sacristy economy fuels jealousy;
- Seeing if an open relationship is right for you before tackling jealousy;
- The disparity in feeling of jealousy in a relationship;
- How we grow up my determine how fit we are for open relationships;
- Her background and training;
- Ethical non-monogamy, polyamory, and open relationships;
- Her feminist perspective on monogamy and other relationship models.
You’ll find lots of information about Kathy on her fantastic website HERE!
Click on the book art below to check out Kathy’s books.
BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!
Look for all my podcasts on iTunes. You’ll find me in the podcast section, obviously. Just search for Dr Dick Sex Advice. And don’t forget to subscribe. I wouldn’t want you to miss even one episode.
Today’s podcast is bought to you by: Dr Dick’s Stockroom.