Hello sex fans! Welcome back.
I’m delighted to continue the SEX WISDOM series today. After the last two weeks of chat with an up and coming therapist who is just beginning her sexological career, I am proud to welcome a woman of distinction in our field. My guest today is cultural anthropologist, sex researcher and noted author, Katherine Frank.
Katherine has distinguished herself as one who can tackle some of the thorniest issues of human sexual behavior with objectivity and compassion. Her three books as well as her numerous academic papers and popular articles provide us with an intelligent and intimate view of the sexual fringe. And she’s here today to tell us about her research and why she chooses to study what she does.
Katherine and I discuss:
- Cultural anthropology and sex research;
- Meanings and taboos;
- Sex and the boundaries of our bodies;
- Dispassionate observations and objectivity;
- Participatory research;
- Critical thinking, human nature and generalizations;
- Fears, desires, and wounds;
- Sex research and its repercussions;
- Plays Well in Groups: A Journey Through the World of Group Sex;
- Breaking the rules;
- The myths associated with group sex.
Click on the book covers below for more information about Katherine’s books.
BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!
Look for all my podcasts on iTunes. You’ll find me in the podcast section, obviously. Just search for Dr Dick Sex Advice. And don’t forget to subscribe. I wouldn’t want you to miss even one episode.
Today’s podcast is bought to you by: Dr Dick’s Stockroom.