Hey sex fans, welcome back.
Despite David’s protestations that he is not an erotic photographer, I think you’ll agree with me, all his other friends as well as the juries at the annual Seattle Erotic Art Festival that he is a master of his craft.
Ok, so David’s photography isn’t erotic in the conventional sense of that word. In fact, there is a whimsy and playfulness in his work that often flies in the face of what most of us might consider erotica. But to my mind, this is precisely what makes his work so satisfying, delightful and intriguing. He unabashedly celebrates the human form in a most extraordinary and riveting way.
David and I discuss:
- Creating the setting and letting his models do the rest;
- Eye candy and mind candy;
- The story behind his website’s name — theyareonlypixels;
- How he never sets out to shoot erotica;
- His goal — making a cool interesting and fun picture;
- The Common Thread Project;
- The Underwater Project;
- The Self-Censored Project;
- The allure of the group project;
- The Ant Farm project;
- His models being part of the creative process.
BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!
Check out The Lick-A-Dee-Split Connection. That’s Dr Dick’s toll free podcast voicemail HOTLINE. Don’t worry people; no one will personally answer the phone. Your message goes directly to voicemail.
Got a question or a comment? Wanna rant or rave? Or maybe you’d just like to talk dirty for a minute or two. Why not get it off your chest! Give Dr Dick a call at (866) 422-5680.
DON’T BE SHY, LET IT FLY!
Look for all my podcasts on iTunes. You’ll find me in the podcast section, obviously. Just search for Dr Dick Sex Advice. And don’t forget to subscribe. I wouldn’t want you to miss even one episode.
Today’s Podcast is bought to you by: DR DICK’S — HOW TO VIDEO LIBRARY.
Tiny URL for this post: