More SEX WISDOM With Christopher Ryan — Podcast #259 — 01/26/11
Hello sex fans! Welcome back.
Psychologist Christopher Ryan, coauthor of Sex At Dawn; The Prehistoric Origins of Modern Sexuality returns for Part 2 of our chat for this the SEX WISDOM podcast series. I can’t tell you how grateful I am that he has more time to spend with us today. And just so you know, today’s show is unusually long. But one probably should expect that since we cover most of human evolutionary history, don’t cha know. Christopher, however, makes the time fly by with his engaging, humorous style.
I sure hope you didn’t miss Part 1 of this exciting conversation, which appeared here last week at this time. But not to worry if ya did, because you can find it and all my podcasts in the Podcast Archive right here on my site. All ya gotta do is use the search function in the header; type in Podcast #257 and Voilà! But don’t forget the #sign when you do your search.
Christopher and I discuss:
- We aren’t descendant from apes, we ARE apes;
- Bonobos, a close ape relative, are regularly ignored by anthropologists;
- The Bonobo “handshake”;
- Fertility in hunter and gather societies;
- Monogamy or sexual exclusivity among the great apes;
- Polygynous societies reflect a male dominant economy;
- Social monogamy and sexual monogamy;
- The evolution of male genitalia among us apes;
- The scientific origins of the term promiscuous;
- Human sexual expression can be both profound and casual;
- Same-sex sexual expression;
- What the future holds for him and his work.
(Buy this book, sex fans. It’s a marvelous read.)
BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!
Check out The Lick-A-Dee-Split Connection. That’s Dr Dick’s toll free podcast voicemail HOTLINE. Don’t worry people; no one will personally answer the phone. Your message goes directly to voicemail.
Got a question or a comment? Wanna rant or rave? Or maybe you’d just like to talk dirty for a minute or two. Why not get it off your chest! Give Dr Dick a call at (866) 422-5680.
DON’T BE SHY, LET IT FLY!
Look for all my podcasts on iTunes. You’ll fine me in the podcast section, obviously, or just search for Dr Dick Sex Advice. And don’t forget to subscribe. I wouldn’t want you to miss even one episode.
Today’s Podcast is bought to you by: DR DICK’S — HOW TO VIDEO LIBRARY.