[Look for the podcast play button below.]
Hey sex fans,
Back in early February of this year I launched this new series of podcast interviews called Sex EDGE-U-cation. I promised back then that this series would take a look at the fascinating world of fetish sex and kink. We’d touch on topics both familiar and exotic. I remember telling that I could guarantee that our investigation will be interesting, stimulating and very informative, because we would be chatting with prominent educators, practitioners and advocates of unconventional sexual expressions and lifestyles from all over the world.
Well then, here we are ten months later and we’re still going strong. My first guest in this series, Dart, introduced me to today’s guest way back in February. But its only now that I finally have this opportunity to introduce her to you. Join me in welcoming the amazing Andrea Zanin. She is my last guest in this series for 2009, and she’s a humdinger, don’t cha know.
Andrea is also from Toronto, as is Dart, and like him she is internationally known and respected. She’s a writer and educator within the queer, polyamory and BDSM/leather communities. And she bring a unique voice to this ever growing chorus of exceptional guests in this series.
Andrea and I discuss:
- Her life as a grad student, community activist, teacher and writer.
- Being a sex geek and blogging since 2006.
- Her site being a virtual graduate course in human sexuality.
- Presenting on college campuses.
- Being a leather dyke and being a judge for leather contests.
- Power play, BDSM and fetishes.
- The currency of power, consent and negotiations.
- Being a Dom in power play and a switch in sensation play.
BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!
Today’s Podcast is bought to you by: Dr Dick’s Stockroom.