The Erotic Mind of Steve MacIsaac — Podcast #162 — 10/26/09
Hey sex fans,
Today I have an intensely thought provoking interview with the fantastic artist, illustrator and author of several erotic comics, Steve MacIsaac. His work is sultry, unabashedly sexual, (some even claim it’s porn); but whatever you call it you can’t deny powerful human element to his art and stories. In his world the men are men, with all the complexities, passion and ambiguity that contemporary masculinity implies. You will notice immediately that my guest, like his creations, is a power to be reckoned with.
Steve is here as part of The Erotic Mind
series. And we have our mutual friend, Sean-Z, who has also appeared on this show, to thank for that. As you know, for well over a year now I’ve been chatting with noted erotic artists, both visual and literary, from all over the freakin world in an effort to uncover something of the creative process involved in this specialized art form.
Steve and I discuss:
- The derivation of the term Shirtlifter, the title of one of his comics.
- Creating comics with and without words and the difference between them.
- His collaboration with Dale Lazarov.
- His stories, like all good erotica, being very meaty.
- His characters self-discovery and even self-loathing.
- What comes first, story or image.
- Working in the digital media.
- His work as autobiography.
- Being his own publisher.
Click on the book art below to purchase Steves’s comics.
See a slideshow of some of Steve’s work. Click on the thumbnails below.
BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!
Today’s Podcast is bought to you by: Dr Dick’s Stockroom.